Healthy Skin and a Shiny Coat are more than just a sign of a well-groomed Horse
Your horse’s skin and coat form an important protective barrier against bacteria and infections.
One of the key elements to support skin cell health and produce a “show ring shine” is feeding a high quality, stabilized flax meal high in essential fatty acids (EFAs).
The horse’s body does not produce EFAs, such as Omega 3s and Omega 6s, they must be provided through the diet. Flax meal contains one of the highest concentrations of EFAs with the correct ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 and is important for various metabolic processes especially the regulation of inflammatory markers.
Horse Skin & Coat FAQ
- Omega 3 & 6 Fatty Acids: Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids prevent moisture loss in skin cells that lead to dry and flaky skin. Omega 3 helps control skin inflammation and gives coats a bright, glossy appearance.
- Biotin: Biotin is an essential requirement for the health of dermal and connective tissues.
- Heat-Stabilized Flax Meal: A digestible source of flax meal, high in Omega 3 that will support the structure and function of skin cells. Normal flax meal has a very short shelf life and can quickly turn rancid, particularly in the Summer. We use a special heat stabilized flax meal that has a 2 year shelf life.
- Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Postbiotic Fermentation Product: Is a true, fully-fermented prebiotic yeast culture that supplies a potent combination of nutrients to support effective digestive function and to enhance nutrient absorption in both the small and large intestine. Remove phospholipids, a vital requirement for helping support healthy skin and a deeper improved coat color.
- Lecithin contains phospholipids, a vital requirement for helping support healthy skin and a deeper improved coat color.
Look for FDA-approved manufacturing facilities. All Grand Meadows Products are manufactured in an approved FDA manufacturing facility located in California and have earned exceptional marks from the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) for our high quality control and manufacturing processes thus ensuring safe, pure, potent and effective products.
All Grand Meadows Products are manufactured in an approved FDA manufacturing facility located in California and have earned exceptional marks from the NASC for our high-quality control and manufacturing processes, thus ensuring safe, pure, potent, and effective products.